Cold Calling in Recruitment: Where You Might Be Going Wrong
Cold calling is a tough but unavoidable part of life as a recruiter. If you’re new to the industry, it’s one of the first things you’ll have to learn to do. And if you’re an old hand, you’re bound to have some anecdotes, both good and bad.
Put simply, in recruitment cold calling is the process of contacting companies and businesses who are not expecting to hear from you, and trying to persuade them to use your agency and services to hire candidates for their roles. It sounds like a relatively simple process, but it can be one of the hardest things you’ll have to do whilst working in recruitment.
- Is There More to Recruitment than Cold Calling?
- Recruitment Cold Calling: Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- How to Turn a Cold Call into a Warm One
- Struggling with cold calling?
- Alternatives to Cold Calling in Recruitment